Subject: 2017 Met Onegin HD broadcast
From: "Conrad, Stephen A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Apr 2017 00:10:07 +0000

I caught the Encore.  Count me among those who found Netrebko's mis-management of intonation/pitch so bad that her plush sound went for very little.  My Russian companion weighed in to remark on Mattei's bad pronunciation; I speak no Russian, and found his voice and musicality and acting by far the most gratifying elements in my overall experience of the evening.  All supporting singers, except for the miscast  fellow who sang Prince Gremin, were estimable.

Sent from my iPad