Subject: Re: Eugene Onegin HD
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Apr 2017 19:07:14 -0400

Mattei was very fine. He is a wonderful singer. For the rest, it was
mediocre to unacceptable, Netrebko being particularly deficient,
vocally.  A private note to me at the end of Act One by a member of
this forum said, paraphrased, has it reached the point that she can't
even hear the orchestra? I guess not. Awful singing and deadly boring!

Lenski was ok, but erased no memories of previous greatness. Gremin
was not ok! The conducting seemed fine. Just another day at the office.

Bob