Subject: Re: What operas have characters who are lawyers, attorneys, solicitors, barristers?..
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:59:54 -0400

How about "what operas have characters who are singers?"

I asked Bob Rideout that question this morning and without
a moment's hesitation:  DER ROSENKAVALIER and ARIADNE
AUF NAXOS  were named.  For my money, the number one
singer in opera is Walther von Stolzing.  But is it not a relatively
rare profession among operatic characters?

dtmk