Subject: ROH Elisir and Don Carlo
From: Pattie Kealy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:20:36 -0400

Hello, everyone

We  have tickets to Don Carlo on May 26 and Elixir on May 27th at Covent Garden.
On April 20th  I received an email that Villazon has withdrawn (medical reasons)
and will be replaced by Liparit Avetisyan. Today I received another saying that
Krassimira Stoyanova has withdrawn from Don Carlo (illness) and will be replaced
by Kristin Lewis. (Bryan Hymel and Ludovic Tézier are scheduled and I'm hoping I
don't get any emails about that!)

I've been researching Avetisyan and haven't found much information. He's only 26
and his earliest engagement listed on Operabase.com is April 2016. He sounds
quite good in "E Lucevan le stelle" on Youtube, so I'm hoping this will be a real
treat. Adina will be Pretty Yende. I've only just started researching Kristin Lewis. I
don't think I've ever heard Stoyanova so I won't know what I'm missing. Anyway,
if anyone has any experience of or information about either of these singers,
please post.