Subject: Re: Hollaender prima
From: Bruce P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Apr 2017 17:45:47 +0000

Does anyone know why at Mr. Nezet-Seguin's curtain call, the orchestra members threw red and white single roses at him?  The announcers said they were from the orchestra not from the audience.  What was the reason?
It must have been planned. It's not like it was his "debut", he has conducted there before.  And the announcement of his new post was made last summer anyway.  Was Levine showered with such tributes when he became Music Director?

I found Nezet-Seguin's conducting workaday and nothing exceptional.

It is sad however that this run has no HD telecast.  I don't the Met has done the Hollander at all for the cameras.  I guess they are waiting for the next new production?