Subject: Re: "That" legendary London/Rysanek Hollander Met performance-- on CD?
From: william kasimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:30:42 -0400

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 05:20:29 -0400, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The performance was on 6 Feb 1960, a non-sub, and I was lucky
>enough to be there.

And unfortunately, it was not broadcast.

>There is a broadcast from that season, 5 March 1960, that is preceded
>by the Prelude to Act Four of Traviata in memory of Leonard Warren,
>who died the night before. It is not as good.

This broadcast is available:

https://www.amazon.com/Wagner-fliegende-Hollander-York-1960/dp/B003EMQA6O

There's also a good-sounding Bayreuth performance from the previous year with Rysanek
and London, Sawallisch conducting:

https://www.amazon.com/fliegende-Hollander-Flying-Dutchman/dp/B0034JV5US

Bill