Subject: Joyce DiDonato's Ariodante
From: Trish Callis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Apr 2017 13:28:46 +0000

I was at the Ann Arbor performance last night, and it was wonderful.  I have always wanted to hear DiDonato live, and she did not disappoint.  As great as she is on "tape," she is even better in person.   Her voice is plummier and has more presence.  Everyone (well, I have reservations about the contralto's interpretation) sang with great taste and sensitivity, but DiDonato has an extra gear.  Ariodante's lament in act two was beautiful and compelling.  She draws you into Ariodante's world and performs as if it is the easiest and most joyful thing in the world.  By the way, I was very taken by soprano Joežlle Harvey, who sang Dalinda.  She studied at Cincinnati's music conservatory.

Don't miss the Medici TV broadcast Sunday, April 30 at 2pm ET and 30 days thereafter.

Patricia L. Callis (Trish)
Columbus, Ohio