Subject: Re: tosca
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Apr 2017 18:09:40 -0400

I am not sure I can sit through this… but will try.. on the other hand something that has bothered me every time I have seen Tosca, is how is it possible neither the Sacristan nor Cavaradossi, nor anyone associated with the church know the “ignota” who comes to pray, when she does it in the Cappella degli Attavanti, a family she belongs to?
She would be seen there every single Sunday, how would at least the sacristan not know her?
No need to reply, I just needed to vent… this is verismo after all, not Trovatore…

And regarding Opolais, have your looked at the MET website lately? She is the cover… in a new role at the Met – Tosca!

Kati