Subject: Re: Some comments on Krassimira Stoyanova in Aida
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:28:17 -0400

Hi Bob and list,

I didn't know that today's broadcast started 30 min. earlier and missed a
good part of Act I. I did manage to hear Stoyanova's "Ritorna vincitor" and
I don't think you would have been disappointed. She sang it with the pathos
and sensitivity of a great Aida, superb phrasing, and her top was
beautiful. I also found her chest voice impressive. That said, I had the
same reaction to her "O patria mia" as you did and assume that she tired by
then though, as you said, she sang wonderfully afterwards.

Sorry to say that I had difficulty listening to Urmana's shrill and wobbly
voice. Didn't hear Massi's "Ritorna vincitor" but his Radames didn't strike
me as anything distinctive, occasionally sounded labored to my ears, though
certainly an improvement over a couple of previous disappointments in this
role.

I enjoyed the intermission spotlight on Roberta Alexander's career.

Best, Vesna