Subject: Latonia Moore / / high notes
From: "SUBSCRIBE OPERA-L Vince C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Apr 2017 04:09:14 -0400

A little birdie told me that Latonia Moore's recent high note problems are a result of her
singing teacher's instruction.  This birdie is an accompanist and vocal coach.  He told me
that all the students of this singing teacher eventually have high notes that go away.  Is
there any truth to this?

I've heard Moore live in Aida and Madame Butterfly.  It's a gorgeous, instantly recognizable
voice.  At the Sunday, April 28, 2013, matinee of Aida at San Diego Opera, Moore sang a
wonderful "O patria mia" but she cracked the high C spectacularly.

Modify your settings: