Subject: Re: Best place to sit in the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion for the LA Opera - advice please!
From: Mark Bartelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Apr 2017 18:41:24 -0700

IMHBCO, the _best_ place is the Founders Circle.  But the cost
is so far above the stratosphere that there's no way it would
be worth it (to me) to pay what they're asking.  We typically
(not just at the Dorothy Chandler, but almost everywhere) go
with a "second-lowest price" approach.  So in this case, that
means the rear loge.  Not great, but by all means good enough.
I'd advise avoiding rear orchestra.  For at least a few of the
performances when we've sat there, the sound seemed muffled by
the founders circle overhang directly above.  No idea why rear
loge seats don't suffer from a similar problem (by the balcony
directly above), but they don't seem to; at least not as badly.

Modify your settings: