Subject: Re: New Rosenkavalier - Reactions?
From: E J Michel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:13:55 -0400

The referral was that by placing the opera's time in 1911, Octavian would
most likely be off to war in a few weeks and possibly die with the many
young men of that generation who fought in WW1.

It was mentioned by Ms Garanca in her taped interview with Ms. Heath that
was aired during one of the intermissions (sorry i forget which one)
Thursday night.

Best regards,
Elizabeth

E J Michel