Subject: Best place to sit in the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion for the LA Opera - advice please!
From: James Camner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 20 Apr 2017 00:10:47 -0700

I was looking at the LA Opera's offering of 3 opera packages, but I
couldn't figure out where to sit. I don't want expensive seats, but I'd
like a decent view especially of the Orphee since the dance elements are so
important. We plan to go to the Rigoletto as well. If I did a trio, I'd
probably get Candide and that would also be a work where the stage view is
paramount.

Where would List Members who know this hall recommend sitting? How is the
rear loge? How is the balcony? Those are the seats I am debating. The other
place I would look at is the rear orchestra, but they don't seem to offer
that in the subscription and I wonder how the sound is. How are seats in
side sections such as the orchestra, balcony or loge?

Any insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,

James Camner