Subject: Re: absolutely STUNNING mezzo soprano
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:49:00 -0700

I first saw Kaufmann as Cassio in Chicago, Nina Stemme as Senta in
Bordeaux, Anne Schwanwilms as Senta in Berlin, and Vogt as the tenor lead
in Khovantschina in Munich.  Horne, in Carnegie Hall and I was at her Met
debut as Adalgisa.  My mother took me.  My first exposure to Alagna was at
the Theatre des Champs Elysees in 1993 I think.  Solo recital.  He was
amazing.  Then their was my first Simon Boccanegra, at the Met.  Feb. 23,
1965.  Milanov as Maria, Tucker as Adorno, MacNeil as Boccanegra and in his
only Met Fiesco, Cesare Siepi.  I believe Schippers was in the pit.

Donald