Subject: Re: Reviewing Bernheimer
From: Andrew Moravcsik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:02:22 +0000

Agreed. Exactly correct. It is far more difficult to write short than long. I have never read anyone who can do that better than Bernheimer. He focuses on something important, writes evocative and yet concise prose, and defends an enduring sense of quality in performance.  As someone who writes music criticism on occasion, I know how difficult this is.