Subject: Re: absolutely STUNNING mezzo soprano
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 Apr 2017 03:07:20 -0400

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 16:18:27 +0000, Andrew Moravcsik
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I note that she has been reasonably successful in small German houses, but has
not moved up as quickly as one might expect, if she sounded like that in a 2000
seat hall.

I remember Marilyn Horne describing changing costumes outside in the cold in her
early days in small German houses. I first saw Fischer-Dieskau in Wuerzburg. I
first saw Kaufmann at Theatre du Chatelet when he was just part of the crew at
the Zurich opera. I first saw Vogt as Fidelio in Bordeaux and my first Stuart Skelton
was with the orchestra there. You don't have to wait until they are at the Met.

Frank Cadenhead