Subject: Today's "Lucia" with Damrau/Castranova
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Apr 2017 15:39:23 -0400

First of all, what happened to Castranova's voice?  He sounds like he's
trying to imitate that throat sound of Kaufmann and he sounds strangled.
Why does he want to do this? Or am I hearing it all wrong?

Also, again, are my ears deceiving me or was poor Damrau having a
heckuva tough time with the Mad scene?  She seemed so tired, poor thing
-- or am I hearing things?  And how lovely that it was done with the glass
armonica -- so beautiful.
Am I the only one who heard this production today?