Subject: Re: New Rosenkavalier - Reactions?
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:51:10 -0400

I hope someone will forward a review from Martin Bernheimer, who must
have been there.

Meanwhile, I deplore once again the absence of the Met's unique and
indispensable gold curtain, and demand an explanation of how the
substitution of a garish red schmatta sliding up and down like a common
window shade, contributes anything to the staging of a production that has
    been presented elsewhere, behind another proscenium, and why the
current regime insists on depriving audiences of an elegant effect
unmatched
by any opera house in the world.

dtmk