Subject: Not opera but vocal and of interest
From: John Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 17 Apr 2017 08:36:33 -0400

Dear group,
I just watched/listened to this stunning performance which might be of
interest to you all:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5iidtc_levinas-la-passion-selon-marc-lausa
nne-april-12-2017_music

According to Google Translate:

≥It is with a strong and original writing that the composer MichaŽl Levinas
puts into music the history of the death of Jesus of Nazareth after
Auschwitz.  The work opens with Jewish prayers and continues on the full
account of the passion according to the Gospel of Mark. It concludes with
texts by Paul Celan, the great German poet of the Shoah.≤

I found the work challenging but rewarding, and the performance is
extraordinary.

John in Camden east