Subject: Ney Matogrosso
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 14 Apr 2017 20:42:45 -0400

I assume you mean he is not an operatic tenor.
Voices come in SATB, and he is a T. He sings in falsetto. We have had other pop singers who did that: Johnny Mathis, for example. He is a tenor.

Lots of gospel singers sing in falsetto. We have everyone and his uncle trying Nessus dorma. Heresy. Makes me snore, really.

Nobody is threatening opera. And when popular tunes from opera are on people's lips it is a homage and is free attention for the art.