Subject: Re: New Rosenkavalier - Reactions?
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:05:43 -0400

At first the nonsense about "the looming WW!"  didn't intrude too much;
it was easily overlooked in the sumptuous first act ( I loved the Italian
tenor bringing his latest shellac disc to present to the Marschallin); but
militaristic intrusions grew more disturbing in what appeared to be the
showroom of the Faninal cannon factory of Act 2, in which the most
despicable Ochs ever, accompanied by a uniformed regiment, signals
a bad ending - and the close of Act three is very bad indeed.  How has
this been kept a secret?

dtmk