Subject: New Rosenkavalier - Reactions?
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:31:29 -0400

So - Where are comments on the new Rosenkavalier?  Surely some people were there, and
this is the first new production of the work at the Met in 48 years (replacing a much-loved
production that, as of the HD several years ago, still looked pretty good).

Listening to it on streaming, it sounded like a great performance, musically.  I'm going to be
seeing it next Monday and would be interested in reactions to the production (which, judging
just from photos, looks beautiful).  I was a bit put off by the fatuous commentators' remarks
about "references to the looming WWI" in the production.  What on earth does Rosenkavalier
have to do with war?  I hope none of this nonsense intruded on the production.

MDW