Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: Olga P. at the Met
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:29:13 -0700

There's also another possibility on how this situation might have progressed.

Usually a major company has a set of contracted covers who would have attended the rehearsals and thereby have at least some familiarity with the conductors tempi and approach as well as the director's concept and blocking.

However, when a cancellation happens and the cover would normally go on, sometimes the GMD can't resist the temptation to potentially delight the audience and grab for a name singer who might be available, even if that singer is essentially unprepared for the particular production.

Sometimes that can work out spectacularly but sometimes not so well.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone