Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: Olga P. at the Met
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:20:07 -0400

Not to prolong this discussion and continue to question the why and how of
how this particularly awkward Traviata happened, I would like to point out
that is is much simpler to sing a number in concert than to sing an entire
opera.   I'm not sure your example sufficiently makes the case you think it
does.

And not only that, but the issue here is a specific performance at a
specific theater on a specific night in which the soprano apparently wasn't
up to snuff.  There could be lots of reasons for that--allergies, illness,
personal issues--but none of them were announced and none of them would
explain garbled text.

Perhaps the Met management might offer some cover for what happened but as
far as I know they have been silent.  Correct?