Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: La Traviata Met Cast
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Apr 2017 00:32:33 -0500

I know of no one on this Board who heard the actual performance.  If someone did and posted about it,  it escaped my attention.  However, if that cabaletta from "Semiramide" (which WAS posted) is an example of her singing, then I'd say that the audience got the shaft.  It's too bad for the soprano also.  To be thrust upon the Met stage in an role as "vocal" as Violetta -- with this kind of a voice, ---- is pure suicide.   I feel sorry for her.