Subject: Re: La Traviata Met Cast
From: Bradley Wilber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Apr 2017 19:20:37 +0000

The cover would have been another Olga - Mykytenko, who has both sung and covered at the Met and is very experienced.  I admit it would be interesting to be privy to the thought process of "situations we're willing to put a cover on" and "situations we're not."  How late is simply too late notice to put the star foreign to the production in a position to succeed (I say that not having heard the broadcast)?  And do those approached feel like they have the option to decline?

People on this list have persuaded me that the cover is not "owed" anything in these situations, but I still can't help feeling a bit disappointed for her.

Brad