Subject: Suzuki's Sacred and Sunny Mozart on SACD
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:29:58 -0700

Suzuki's Sacred and Sunny Mozart on SACD

Okay, it's not exactly opera. But any vocal lover who draws the line at
opera and refuses to listen to singing this wonderful has some serious
issues. For the rest of you...

Ah, Carolyn Sampson. Ah, Mozart. Put both of you, along with the Great Mass
in c and the marvelously tuneful early motet, *Exsultate, jubilate*, in the
hands of Masaaki Suzuki and the period-instrument Bach Collegium Japan.
Then, record it all in 24/96 for a BIS SACD
which you can download in its original format from multiple sites
and the results are pure pleasure.
Jason Victor Serinus     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA

Modify your settings: