Subject: Any Listers at La Fenice on 2 May ?
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 9 Apr 2017 15:58:04 -0400

Dear Listers,

One of my life’s long-standing dreams is about to come true:  while vacationing next
month in Venice (the “real” one, not the one in Florida), I shall, God willing, have the
privilege to attend a performance of “Lucia di Lammermoor” at Venice’s fabled Teatro La
Fenice.  I bought a ticket on the TLF’s website a few weeks ago.

The performance I will be attending is that of martedì 2 maggio 2017, ore 19.00,
abbonamento Turno D.  I was insanely lucky to get a seat in the middle of the orchestra
section and on the central aisle.

*****  I am posting this on the offhand, admittedly remote chance that (an)other
Lister(s) will also be in attendance.  If so, I would love to meet you before or after the
performance.  *****

I have also bought a ticket to the guided tour offered by the Teatro La Fenice, in order to
have the chance to be within those hallowed walls not once but twice.  They may just
have to pry me loose after the performance to get me out of there. ;)

According to the website, the cast will be as follows:

Lucia  	Nadine Sierra
Enrico	Markus Werba
Edgardo	Francesco Demuro
Raimondo	Simon Lim
Arturo	Francesco Marsiglia
Alisa	        Angela Nicoli
Normanno	Marcello Nardis

Maestro Concertatore e Direttore:
                Riccardo Frizza
                Orchestra e Coro del Teatro La Fenice
Staging	Francesco Micheli
Sets		Nicolas Bovey
Costumes	Alessio Rosati
Lighting	Fabio Barettin

I have heard that is is going to be another very modern production (see pictures at
http://www.teatrolafenice.it/site/index.php?
pag=69&categoria=1&sottocategoria=5&media=25614 and
http://www.centralpalc.com/blog/2017/03/micheli-alla-fenice-lucia-lammermoor/), but at
this point I don’t care.  I am getting to hear one of my favorite operas in a gorgeous
theater, and I will be content with that.

Cheers and all the best,

Alain

Alain Letort
Washington, D./C.