Subject: Renee Fleming
From: Dan Handshue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Apr 2017 20:32:21 +0000

In the 90's at SFO we were fortunate to have Ms. Fleming often - Countess Almaviva and the Marschallin, yes - but there were rarities: Salome in Herodiade (with Domingo and Zajick in the title role), Louise, and Rusalka.

She created both Mme. De Tourvel in Les Liasons Dangereuses and Blanche duBois in Streetcar there.

She has concertized here in Seattle, notably with Jean-Yves Thibaudaut; I believe she is scheduled to open the Seattle Symphony season later this year.

I really enjoyed Les Liasons - it had a starry cast and rather conventional music - doesn't seem to have gone far though.

Brava diva and mille grazie for so many wonderful performances!

dan handshue
buffalodesign  | 1520 fourth ave suite 400 seattle  wa  98101 |  206  467  6306  |  buffalodesign.com<http://www.buffalodesign.com/>