Subject: Re: The Diva Departs: Renée Fleming’s Farewell to Opera
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Apr 2017 16:17:53 -0400

I'm in the minority on Fleming, and find her vocalism much too
languid, which is a word she used in an interview on WQXR some
years ago.

However,  since Mozart has been raised, I have to say that her
Fiordiligi knocked me out. She had everything, including crisp
attacks and a beautiful sense of the musical line."Fra gli amplessi"
was jaw dropping.

And, Kurt, she was magnificent as the other Susannah, the one
by Carlisle Floyd. It was languid, but it was also very beautiful.
Languid can sometimes be a good thing!

Bob