Subject: Guests at the upcoming Met Gala?
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Apr 2017 10:56:38 -0400

Guests at the Gala

What a thrill it was for us to have all those great artists introduced at
the old Met closing (I recall Richrd Crooks got the biggest ovation.).The at
the 1983 100th Anniversary Gala we could see on stage the likes of
Milanov,Stevens,and all those we remembered.

Would the Met have the brains to present some of the great artists  still
with us at the upcoming gala,,,and call their names as they entered?

  Here is a partial list:

Milnes
Bumbry
Scotto
Elias
Te Kanawa
Marton
Ramey
Amara
Soviero
Battle
Shirley
Dunn
Cossa
Flanigan
Quittmeyer
Macurdy
Ricciarelli
Caballe
Carreras
Stratas
Stapp
Price
Malfitano

  and more you can add...
NO!  They do not have the nostalgic feelings.But it is a great idea.
I left out Zeani....Arthritis prevents her.