Subject: Re: Renee Fleming and the end of opera, the NYT article.
From: Maria Louise Augusta Helleberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Apr 2017 14:03:56 +0200

...and I heard her in one of her few performances as Evchen in Bayreuth,
she sang with freeness and freshness, but never returned to the role. I
loved her Marschallin, and I liked her bvery much as Alcina in Paris.
Rusalka suited her, and she loved Richard Strauss - but while singing
French music she was way too careful. I kinda of expected her to do some
verismo after that fine album, but...she did sing some of Kiri's parts:
Amelia Boccanegra, Desdemona, Countess Almaviva, Fiordiligi.

Maria Helleberg

Maria Helleberg