Subject: The Diva Departs: Renée Fleming’s Farewell to Opera
From: Lloyd William Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Apr 2017 23:11:46 +0000

She has been, and is, our present best known expression and promoter of that great art of Western Culture, OPERA. In addition, she has brought an awareness of the skills and  quality of acoustical singing into that mis-mash of present forms of popular singing.

This a loving article about her final performances from the Opera stage.  The author present a warm, short review of her singing life evan though he has little idea of the ongoing vitality of Opera, as one of the highlights of western culture.  It continues to exist and is, surprisingly, developing ever new audiences.

We owe you much Reneé !  We continue wanting to hear you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/arts/music/the-diva-departs-renee-flemings-farewell-to-opera.html

Lloyd W. Hanson
lloydwhanson.com<http://lloydwhanson.com>