Subject: Anyone Need a Ticket to Eugene Onegin at the Met on Apr 12 ?
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Apr 2017 18:25:02 -0400

Dear Listers,

Months ago my partner Lynne Price and I purchased, as part of our
“create-your-own” subscription, tickets to “Eugene Onegin” at the
Metropolitan Opera on Wednesday, April 12, at 7:30 p.m.  This performance
originally had poor Dmitri Hvorostovsky cast as Onegin, but after Mr.
Hvorostovsky was forced to cancel for health reasons, he was replaced by
Mariusz Kwiecien for the first half of the run and by Peter Mattei for the
second half of the run.

This performance of Wednesday 12 April will be the first of the series sung
by Peter Mattei.

Unfortunately, my partner, Lynne Price, was just taken ill with pneumonia
and her doctor has grounded her.  Not only has she (the doctor) forbidden
Lynne to travel for the next few weeks, she also ordered her to cancel her
participation in a choral concert she was scheduled to sing in with the City
Choir of Washington in early May.

Lynne is absolutely devastated at missing both the opera and the choral
concert, and has asked me to get on to Opera-L and inquire whether any of
the Listers would be interested in her ticket?  (I am keeping mine and will
make the trip up to New York as scheduled.)

It is a great orchestra seat, V-111, with a face value of $241.  I have the
adjoining seat, V-110.  V-110 and V-111 are located right in the center of
row V.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks and cheers,

Alain

Alain Letort
Washington, D.C.