Subject: Re: Bette and Joan
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:37:14 -0400

I have been watching faithfully, and rewatching as my cable provider has a free shows option (U-verse on Demand), shows that appeared on the networks I already pay for.

Bette Davis seems more like Callas or even Scotto to me, given the emphasis on "the work;" Crawford I'm not sure about, as Tebaldi seems too "goody-too-shoes," and Tebaldi LOVED her mother. Maybe a glamorous mezzo for Joan, but who?

Didn't the late Jason McVicker aka Enzo Bordello do some kind of Baby Jane opera parody at some point? Jane was a soprano, and Blanche was a mezzo.

Mezzomaniac