Subject: THE MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Apr 2017 19:49:36 -0400

This is a TRUE Carry-on Story

Birthday 4/5/1908 of the (in) famous Herbert Von Karajan. I cannot tell this
true story the way by dear late buddy Bob Fazio told it, but I will try my best:

  Many of us recall Music Masters" in NY..It was a great music store and our
"hangout" on Saturday mornings. Many singers frequented the place, and our
beloved Willy Lerner, the boss, had a fabulous stock of many LIVE
performances;this store became famous as a rarity, especially when singers
themselves bought their own live performances.

One Saturday morning.Willy gets a phone call from the manager of Herbie Von
Karajan (NOTE: I am using the word "VILL"because it might sound more in
keeping with the situation, even though it might not have been used,)
"Mr.Lerner, the MASTER will be purchasing records from your store. You VILL
close the store to customers. You VILL not speak to the MASTER. The MASTER
vill pick out some records and  depart.

So,the MASTER enters, picks out some material and departs.(I do not myself
believe he might have picked out "Fiddler on the Roof").

My fantasy would be that,even at the risk of Willy losing the money, he
would have offered a big "SIEG HEIL!!" as the MASTER was leaving....but
well, that is probably an unusually tasteless fantasy of yours truly.
  On Herbie's birthday Charlie, the MASTER No.2) bids you a fond

Modify your settings: