Subject: Re: To This We've Come
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Apr 2017 14:24:18 -0700

I will waste my 2nd posting of the day.  There is a fabulous Macbeth
floating around with Borkh.  I think its from 1967 in New Orleans.  If I
remember correctly, MacNeil is the Macbeth.  Borkh is simply astounding at
the Lady.  One of the best I have ever heard.  She had everything including
the coloratura.  A great singer, god bless her!  I regret that I only heard
her once and it was the Dyers Wife at the Met in 1971.  That performance
had my beloved Leonie Rysanek as the Empress - wow, the two of them
together on the same stage.  Overload!  I would have loved to have herd her
Empress also.  I always got her - she spoke to me.

Donald