Subject: Re: To This We've Come
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Apr 2017 15:20:31 -0400

She was before my time, but Borkh is my all-time favorite Elektra on the
recordings. There are a few of her live performances & her studio with
Boehm, all worth hearing but, if I would have to choose the most thrilling
Elektra recording ever, it would be both her Carnegie and Salzburg
performances with Mitropoulos in the late 1950s. The supporting cast and
Mitropoulos are terrific on both occasions. She is still alive, I believe
living in a retirement home somewhere in Germany, and hope she knows she
has not been forgotten by many.

Best, Vesna