Subject: Re: TO THIS WE'VE COME ( pertnent example)
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Apr 2017 10:47:58 -0400

My dear David: Puleeze stop calling that great genius Gian Carlo Menotti
a "perverse composer".  It cuts me to the quick being that I know every
line and most of the orchestration as well of that great opera whose subject
is surprisingly relevant today.
And lucky me, getting to see up close and personal, the magnificence and
beauty of the character Magda Sorel as seen through the eyes of a
stupendous actor Patricia Neway - an evening never to be forgotten.

About "the other thing" -- strange that, like you, I too immediately equated
the Veep with certain statements made.