Subject: To This We've Come
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Apr 2017 09:33:55 -0400

David

I assume that "Mein Kind ist tod" is the Inge Borkh version, and it is
sensational. For how many years did I consider Eileen Farrell's the
standard by which the aria should be judged? And for good reason.

But hearing Inge Borkh brought it to a new level of intensity. She was
a great, great singer whose presence matched her vocalism, and this
may be her most impressive vocal/dramatic moment. I did see her
Elektra in 1961, however, and I'm still not over it.

Brava!

Bob