Subject: Grigolo last nigh In "Hofmann" L.A. Opera
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Apr 2017 17:41:33 +0000

This was the 4th time I hear Grigolo in person: twice in recital (Broad Stage, Santa Monica) and twice in opera (L..A. Opera: R&J  and Hofmann)
He has made significant improvements since the first time I hear him live. His upper register is more secure and  "meaty" and his pianissimos are  more audible.
However his middle, when singing full voice had acquired a characteristic that I can describe as full  " bubbles" as a carbonated drink.
In the acting department he has received kudos for his  "acrobatics" display such as walking while squatting and singing at the same time.
It should be noted , that his "acrobatic" predecessor Luis Lima while singing Nemorino in San Francisco (a few decades ago) did the vertical and walked with his hands
while singing (of course not Una Furtiva).

Miguel de Virgilio