Subject: Re: Comforting Quotes
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:06:12 -0400

I never ignore GCR, because I like what he does.  An automatic delete only
means that you don't know or care what you're missing.

We can all "say what we like" at any age.

Christa Ludwig was a thorough musician and singer, not primarily an
"Operatic
Artist", as Mr.Ponti, labels her. It is wrong to malign a singer in her
nineties if she prefers to be remembered as a distinguished interpreter of
Brahms, Mahler, Schubert and Strauss lieder, rather than the superb Ortrud,
Octavian, and Fricka that she also happened to have been. One of my few
complete CARMENs on lp is with Ludwig, sung in German; and her Lady Macbeth
with Sherrill Milnes is a "keeper" too.

Why can't she, and I, or anyone, love "opera" as an art form, a little less
than we do the art of music itself?  It's not a disqualification for
Opera-L membership is it?

dtmk