Subject: Re: Fleming Not Retiring From Opera
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:22:51 -0400

Whether Fleming stays or goes she will always seem to me an intelligent
singer who made an honorable career but lacked completely the 'sacro fuoco'.
 I happened to see again the documentary about the Casa Verdi where the 80
something Sara Scuderi starts to sing 'Vissi d'arte.'  That kind of
connection to the music (to say nothing of the technical mastery) is what is
gone now, probably can never return, and makes me agree with those who have
expressed very pessimistic thoughts about the future of opera.

David Kubiak

Modify your settings: