Subject: Re: The Diva Departs: Renée Fleming’s Farewell to Opera
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Apr 2017 11:53:17 -0400

According to the Fleming Vanity Fair article, reports of her retirement have
been greatly exaggerated.
She says, "the rumor has taken on a life of its own.... I will continue to sing
full time"... but she says she will be cycling out of her repertoire of stage
roles to concentrate on recitals and concerts and to explore new work.
She is working on the Ann Patchett film "Bel Canto" (based on the Fleming
character) helping the actress portraying her how to lip-synch her arias.

Despite my annoyance with her swoops n' such (held over from her jazz
days), never in my lifetime have I ever heard a more gloriously beautiful
voice loaded with velvet sound and perfect intonation.
I hope they plan a heart warming curtain call at the final performance of
the Rosenkavalier HD so that we can all get to see a special, Met "going-
away" tribute to a very great soprano.