Subject: Re: Renee Fleming's Farewell to Opera
From: Bruce P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Apr 2017 14:44:43 +0000

I agree, and it is no coincidence that her final performance of the Met's Rosenkavalier run is also a Saturday live radio broadcast and an HD cinema telecast as well.  All of her fans around the world can join in and show appreciation for her many great performances over the years.

>>If this Rosenkavalier (which I am going to N.Y. to hear in a couple of weeks) is indeed the
end of her stage career in opera, I think we should all be saluting one of the great voices of
our time.  AND she is going out in what is probably her greatest role, while she still has the
vocal chops to do it justice.  Smart lady.