Subject: Re: instantly recognizable voices / new baritone
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:41:41 -0400

Indeed. But in terms of this particular singer, we also have to consider that this video was
from an event that happened 3 years ago. That said, this does feel much more like a very
basic first year voice lesson than any sort of masterclass. (The guest teacher is very
overly kind to the student, but he's having to teach some things here that should have
been mastered way before putting this student in a masterclass.)

Based on this video, I would not say there's any sort of "instantly recognizable" voice here
- leat alone that he's essentially expressionless from a musical standpoint, without any
baritonal heft in his sound, and he needs Italian diction classes. But as a vocal coach
myself, I've seen students grow in leaps and bounds in 3 years' time...so I wish this
student the best.