Subject: Synthetic Idomeneo
From: Dan Handshue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:39:23 +0000

I'm glad someone found le mot juste for Saturday's performance of Idomeneo.

I've only had one experience with the work in house and was somewhat disappointed with the broadcast. (I did stick with it all the way through -  wouldn't miss "D'Oreste, d'Ajace"!)

Maybe I was spoiled by the SFO cast all those years ago: the late Gosta Winbergh in the title role with Vesselina Kasarova as Idamante and Carol Vaness' over-the-top (in a good way!) Elettra. Barbara Bonney shared the role of Ilia with a young Anna Netrebko.

dan handshue
buffalodesign  | 1520 fourth ave suite 400 seattle  wa  98101 |  206  467  6306  |  buffalodesign.com<http://www.buffalodesign.com/>