Subject: Re: The Next Anna Netrebko
From: Peter Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Mar 2017 01:38:06 -0400

I heard Anna Netrebko at a benefit concert in 2001 when she was already well known yet admittedly unknown to me. I saw this beautiful young woman on stage and expected good but not great singing. When she opened her mouth and sang I was astounded. I wondered how many other dutiful donors in the audience realized what they were hearing. Since then I've had mixed feelings about her, so I'm not a mad Netrebko fan, but she is definitely an exceptionally good singer. I would not quibble with the word "miracle."