Subject: Re: The new GOD of opera
From: "Steve B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:10:25 -0400

I accept that the experience of being there is not the same as recordings,
broadcasts etc but I am always aware that the live experience is transitory
and that history will judge from a different source. A live performance
involves many personal factors such as excitement, the mood of the listener
and so on and therefore I am always  uncertain with the 'You had to be
there' comment. What it usually means is 'You had to be there to know what
it was like to be there.' which of course is indisputable. Operatic history
is littered with singers now almost forgotten because their voices and that
special something in their voice and art was not captured for others to
share. I sincerely hope that Mr Camareno does develop amore specific style
and art that will last through the ages but so far, a 'God' he aint.
Best wishes
Steve B.