Subject: Re: The Next Anna Netrebko
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:19:29 -0400

I'm sure you know that, in this context, "next" refers to another artist
of equal celebrity, or even notoriety;  It's been used that way for
decades, if not centuries.

Ironically, as it turns out, the performance Idia offers as an example of
Netrebko's
current stature, does not do her much justice, IMO. .

dtmk